Hitch-free migration – i.e. converting several servers and/or PC workstations to new hardware or software without interrupting normal operations – becomes possible with the careful planning, extensive experience and know-how of our IT experts.
During this demanding, critical and time-consuming exercise we back you up with our highly qualified systems engineers and an intelligent migration management.
Migration management by modus-i includes:
- Determining and analyzing the existing situation, current weaknesses and the demands to be met by future IT
- Advice, specifying and planning the proposed infrastructure, an integrated hardware platform and its performance parameters (for users and administrators) and the required compatibility of applications and data
- Specifying the future IT infrastructure: Managing your investment in IT, optimizing the rollout for new investments, designing and assembling the network, infrastructure and security of the servers, providing the internal and external communications (e-mail), data security and storage management, information lifecycle management, securing the whole network and the optimal licensing and management of the software employed, central and decentralized print solutions, etc.
- Creating the integrated migration plans by firming down competencies, responsibilities, individual steps in the conversion process, milestones and costs
- Comprehensive pilot phases and test installations during which the smooth take-up of data, the transfer of existing operating and user design concepts as well as ”fallback” measures are tested, in case the test implementation does not meet expectations
- Converting the relevant workplace PCs and servers by means of tested, technically superior and constantly refined procedures
- Supporting the internal IT division and the user service with competent, experienced craftsmen during the transition phase
- Creating a sign-off system review on the basis of which the conversion is documented and the standardization is described
- Familiarizing and training users and administrators in the new functionalities, performance abilities and equipment